Monday, September 12, 2005

Why I Like to Go Shopping with My Mom

Yesterday I was at a large department store with my mom. In the aftermath of Katrina, my mother discovered that all of her shoes were ruined.

Ya'll, my mom is like the Honduran Imelda so this was no small loss. She even lost shoes that she had yet to wear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking shit about her habit because I'm just as bad.

When we moved, S carried out three large Tupperware bins and was appalled to discover they were all filled with shoes.

So, we walked into said department store and they were having a shoe sale. All of their fancy brands were on sale for 50% off or greater. So, we dove in and started elbowing the Sunday crowd out of our way.

As we were walking away from the discount racks (each of us with six pairs of shoes under our arms) I asked mom, "Where do you think our obsession with shoes comes from?"

She got this pensive look, hitched up the boxes under her arms and said, "Well, everyone has to have a hobby."

No comments: