Let me recap the last 15 months:
- Got laid off from job at Cahell Construction.
- Tried to work as a nanny to 3-year-old triplets.
- Experienced some sort of post-partum by proxy malaise. Pretty much lost my mind.
- Interviewed for a temp job for a bank 90 miles away.
- Left a me shaped hole in the wall of the house where I nannied.
- Drove three hours a day to temp for a dysfunctional department.
- Met a man that would change my life.
- Applied for a permanent position with the bank doing exactly what I wanted to be doing.
- Still drove three hours to get to work, but my recruiter worked a sweet deal that let me start working in my home town after a trial period.
- Then the dream: I transitioned into working from home for the bank.
It's been an awesome crazy ride and I'm still standing ... thriving even! I work for an organization that honestly values work/family balance. My co-workers are people I'd want to be friends with. It's my dream job and co-workers. I am loving my life right now.