Monday, July 04, 2005

Why? Why? Why?

The other night I was making dinner and I asked S to remind me in 15 minutes to check on the stove.

He said, "Why don't we just set the timer on the stove?"

I mumbled, "I don't think it works."

He said, "What?"

Me, "It says a minute has passed, but I don't think it goes a whole minute."

Him, "What?"

Me, "Look," I said rolling my eyes and putting my hands on my hips, "I've set the thing before, but the numbers go by a whole lot faster than 60 seconds. It's more like 15 or 30 seconds."

Him, "Mmm, Hmm . . . " and he turns around and starts setting the timer.

Me, "Okay . . . whatever."

Him, as the timer turns to 15, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 . . ."

I looked at like he was crazy and then I realized he was going to count to 60 to SHOW ME that the timer does indeed work.

I realized, that when the day comes, he'll be able to take on our little one when he/she starts asking, "Why is the sky blue? Why is the sky green?"

(No ya'll, I'm not with child so don't go getting all hysterical.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This wouldn't have anything to do with the previous post would it?

Trixie said...

Funnily enough, no. The thing with the stove happened before the cow incident.

Anonymous said...

so, does it work?

Trixie said...

Heh. Yes, it does.

But I swear, it feels like those numbers go by a lot faster than 60 seconds.