Sunday, August 06, 2006

No News is Good News

So, yeah, I don't know anything.

I WAS called in for a second interview, but unfortunately I am still in limbo. I felt that the interviews went well and we will see.

I had a job interview in New Orleans two years ago. It was for a position similar to the one I hold now, but it wouldn't have meant any travel. I would have been running an education department and not have had to drive all over LA.

Clearly, I didn't get it as I am still in AL.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason though because if I had gotten that job Steve and I wouldn't own our own home (home prices are high, high, high in NO) and God knows where I would have been living if I had moved home. I might have lived in a place that got flooded.

And, I love my house!!!

I will have to post pictures on here one of these days, but it really is a sweet two-bedroom, one-bath with french doors leading into the dining room from the living room and an 18' long, 9'deep covered front porch. I've spent hours on our front porch swing with Steve.

We've also decided to have the wedding at home, and our 1920s sweetie is perfect for a home wedding. It will be really small . . . just family and close friends. Having the wedding in AL is also allowing us to keep it on a small budget AND afford an oyster bar. Steve and I adore raw oysters so we are really excited that we'll be able to fit that in our budget. In fact, I joke with him that I knew he loved me because without fail he always offered me the last oyster when we'd order a dozen.

Anyway, not much going on her other than the waiting game.

No comments: