Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The One

I moved to Montgomery in 2001 (I think - it all runs together after a while) and it was then that I heard about this. At the time I was married to J and I said,

"Hey, I'd really like to go to this! Can we?"

He thought I was insane as the last thing he wanted to do was attend a multi-day yard sale that would involve taking at least one day off of work. That was the last time I mentioned it and I moved on.

Now, after my divorce I still wanted to attend the 127 Sale, but like most things in life I'd think about it from time to time and by the time I'd look up the information it had already passed.

So, yesterday Steve calls me up at work and asks,

"What are you doing August 3?"

Me: "You tell me . . . "

Him: "I was doing a search for flea markets and I saw something about the longest yard sale . . . "

I literally could not hear the rest of what he was saying for there was a chorus of angels singing in my ears.

See, Steve has really gotten into collecting antique tools. Stuff that he can display in his workshop and decoratively (after consulting with me) in the house. Right now he's obsessing over a double-claw hammer. I'm cool with this because

1.) It gives me an excuse to go to yard sales
2.) It gives me an excuse to attend flea markets, and
3.) I never have to worry he's bored when we go to yard sales and flea markets.

I think in some way I'd given up the desire to go to the 127 Sale, but Steve reignited that spark and further reminded me of why he's the one for me.

It's right up there with the time he took a detour on our way home from our honeymoon so that I could finally go here.

He just gets me.

2 comments:

Breezy said...

It's the little things, huh?

I love it!

Lauren The Artist said...

I've got garage sale envy. We don't garage sales out in Korea. (Although, the city is full full full of crap.) ~jen~