Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moment from a Marriage

Scene: Steve and I are standing in the living room having just rolled up the area rug that has been in there for six months.

Me: Baby, why does the floor look so dark right here?
Steve: Where ...
Me (Pointing with my right foot): Here.
Steve: Where ...
Me (Sighing): Well, here . . . (Tracing the area THAT IS CLEARLY VISIBLE with my foot).
Steve, now annoyed: Well, where ...
Me, now visibly annoyed: Seriously, do you not see this?
Steve, smirking: W.E.A.R.
Me, slackjawed: Oh.

3 comments:

pooja* said...

awesome. who IS on first?

Marshall said...

That was really funny.

Carlos and I just acted that out also.

I was you again.

Carlos didn't get the where / wear thing until I re-read the paragraph to him.

Breezy said...

THIS is why we're related!