Monday, January 17, 2005

Bounce

I've grown up in a family of bouncers.

Not bar bouncers, car bouncers.

Car bouncing is this thing that my dad does when he gasses up the car.

The gas pump shuts off and my dad proceeds to bounce the car two or three times.

His theory is that this makes the gas settle and so you can top it off just a little bit more.

I know, I know . . .

The thing is, as crazy as it sounds, I bounce the car, too.

I kind of lean into it and give it a bounce.

This was an ongoing argument with J and I. The validity of bouncing and the dangers of topping off.

Not to long ago, I was riding around with S and realized I was low on gas (like, my light's been on for a while now so I guess I should get gas kind of low) and I decided to pull into the next gas station I found.

I pulled up to the pump, turned off the car and reached for my seatbelt and he said, "Stay, I'll do it."

I thought, "That's nice, cool."

So, I leaned in and gave him a kiss and off he went.

I sat in the car fiddling with the radio station and just as I heard the pump click off I felt the car bounce.

Once, twice . . . three times.

He got in the car, I grinned and asked, "Did you just bounce the car?"

Him, "Huh? Oh, yeah. You know you can add just a little bit more gas that way."

Hee.

1 comment:

Breezy said...

Dang! I bounce the car too. Then again, I'm also your brother. How funny!