Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Up in the Air

It's been said that women write more in there diary when life changes are happening.

Lucky you!!!

So yesterday I was laid off due to a reduction in force. I did not see it coming as my performance was always regarded highly. Pardon my language, but I felt dick slapped.

The Director of HR and my supervisor walked into my office and closed the door. It is never good when they close the door. C said, "This is not going to be easy." My my supervisor, we'll call him The Albino, said, "No, it's not." I just said, "Oh."


And I thought to myself, "This is BULLSHIT." It was as if the adults from the Peanuts cartoons were talking to me: wonk, wonk, wonk, wonk, wonk.

I was given the option to pack my desk right then, or return the next day to do it. I just wanted to leave so I did. I grabbed my purse and got the hell out!.

No comments: