Friday, November 12, 2004

If J-Lo Can Handle This, Then So Can I!

Ya'll, I'm a bit of a geek. So it should come as no surprise to you that I enjoy watching Inside the Actors Studio on Bravo. I enjoy watching actors discuss their process. And, as pretentious as this is going to sound, I consider myself a "creative" so when I get the chance to look into someone else's "process" I find it fascinating.

I used to really like this show, but it's credibility has been shot for me because just recently they had J-LO on.

COME ON!!!!

This is the same show that's had Meryl Streep, Stockard Channing, Paul Newman, Stephen Speilberg . . . and now, J-LO!!!!

It feels like an all-time low, but then I realize he's also hosted: Sylvester Stallone (although, he did write, direct and act in Rocky so I'll let that slide), Roseanne and he's soon to host Marky Mark, so it's not like J-LO is an abberation.

But, help me understand the decision to humor J-LO and her ego Mr. Lipton because I've seen The Cell, The Wedding Planner and Enough.

Okay, with that rant over: part of the reason I've enjoyed Inside the Actors Studio so much is also the last segment that James Lipton does as part of his interview.

Lipton asks his guest questions from the Bernard Pivot Questionnaire (and it's great to watch just to hear how snottily Lipton can say Bernard Pivot).

And I'm thinking if J-LO can answer these questions then so can I. So, here goes:

What is your favorite word?
Possibility

What is your least favorite word?
Can't

What turns you on?
Dry Humor

What turns you off?
Dishonesty

What is the sound or noise that you love?
Laughter

What sound or noise do you hate?
Whistling

What is your favorite curse word?
Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Architect

What profession would you not like to participate in?
Dentist

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Here's a glass of wine and let me assure you, we have some interesting people here as well, I swear!

No comments: