Thursday, September 09, 2004

Swoonworthy

I am a bulletin board nerd.

I admit fully that I visit www.mathplusone.com and love it! I even think of the women there as my friends. Which, I guess is what tips me over into nerd/loser territory. I mean, can you really be friends with a group of women that you've never met?

I don't know.

But I do know that anytime I'm having a crisis or want to share good news, MATH is the first place I think to go.

Plus, the women on there kick all kinds of ass. They are smart, witty and totally willing to wallow in their girliness. It's tough to find women like that.

Anyway, I'm pimping MATH because right now there's a Breakup Songs thread getting a lot of action. I made my contribution, but it got me to thinking.

What about love songs?

And that made me think about songs that "just melt my butter." (And if you know what that quote is from than you and I might be destined to be friends for life.

Here are just a handful of songs that would totally make me drop my panties:

  1. Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes"
  2. Modern English "Melt With You"
  3. Bob Marley "Is This Love?"
  4. Paul McCartney "Maybe I'm Amazed"
  5. Christine McVeigh "Songbird"
  6. Billy Joel "She's Got a Way"
  7. Momma Cass "Dream a Little Dream"
  8. The Association "Never My Love"
  9. Etta James "At Last"
  10. John Mayer "Back To You"
  11. Harry Connick Jr. "It Had to Be You"
  12. John Mayer "Wonderland"
  13. Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight"
  14. Barry White "You're The First, The Last, My Everything"
  15. Marvin Gaye "Let's Get It On"
  16. Frank Sinatra "You Look Wonderful Tonight"
  17. Marvin Gay "Sexual Healing"
  18. Faith Hill "Breathe"
  19. George Strait "Cross My Heart"
  20. John Michael Montgomery "I Love The Way You Love Me"
  21. Faith Hill "This Kiss"
  22. Dave Matthews Band "Crash" (I know, I know - DMB)
  23. Shania Twain "You're Still the One"
  24. Tim McGraw "Watch the Wind Blow By"
  25. Trisha Yearwood "How Can I Live Without You"
  26. Garth Brooks "Shameless"
  27. Shania Twain "Forever and Always"
  28. Dido "Thank You"

So, I don't know who's reading this but I'd love to hear from anyone that is.

What are YOUR "Off Like a Prom Dress" songs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

extreme, "more than words" - that song makes my heart bleed